Burglary suspect charged with string of West Mids break-ins
A man who allegedly broke into a string of homes across Dudley, Birmingham and Sandwell has been charged, along with dangerous driving, following an early hours pursuit.
It’s alleged Christopher Straker broke into a house in Sovereign Way, Moseley, shortly after midnight and stole a VW Polo before forcing entry to two homes in Walton Road, Oldbury, where a lap-top and alcohol were taken.
Straker is accused of failing to stop for police and driving dangerously during a six-minute pursuit that ended in Priory Road off Birmingham New Road just after 3am.
The 36-year-old has also been charged with five further burglaries:
• 13 June in Russell Street, Dudley, where a BMW was stolen
• 25 May in Park Road, Dudley
• 6 May in Fairfield Road, Dudley
• 19 February in Clements Road, Yardley, where watches were taken
• …and 27 December last year in Varden Croft, Balsall Heath where a resident confronted an intruder.
Straker, of no fixed address, was charged last night by West Mids detectives and is set to appear before Magistrates in Dudley.